Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Update - The two year weight plateau

After years and years of cycling between periods of restricting and overeating, I was either losing weight or gaining weight, there was no in between. My weight was never stable. Until now.

So, I'm still kind of amazed that I can eat without following a diet, eat like a normal person and NOT gain weight. Eating without a struggle and stable weight for two years is something to celebrate and is massive leap forward in my journey.

However, do I want to stay at my current weight? Do I want to stay at this weight for the rest of my life? No, I don't. I want to loose more weight. And while I am not ready to write down here how much I weigh, I can confirm that I remain more than 20 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight.

But, I have to be careful on how I proceed. I am prepared to sit with the discomfort from the food-related anxiety. I'm prepared to push the boundaries of all the lessons learned in cognitive behaviour therapy to tackle this plateau and getting the numbers on the scale moving down again. I know that I don't need to make huge changes to my current eating routines, but I do have to make changes.

Fight more of the evening cravings and strive to be more mindful.

I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to hear what you have to say. While you are here, why don't you follow my blog too.

Also: I'm starting to get spam, so I've made the decision to moderate comments (unfortunately).